Northeastern University, Department
Associate Professor, 1991-1993.
Cornell University, Department
Visiting Professor, 1990-1991.
Scientific Council for Cybernetics, U.S.S.R. Academy
of Sciences, Moscow
Senior Researcher, 1985-1990.
Institute of Earth Physics, U.S.S.R. Academy of
Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, 1992.
University of Marne-La-Vallee, France, 1994.
University of Basel, Switzerland, 1996.
MSRI, Berkeley, California, 1997.
University of Buenos Aires,
Institut de Recherche
Strasbourg, France, 1998.
University of Grenoble, France, 1998.
University of Leiden,
University of Bielefeld, Germany, 1999.
Erwin Schrodinger Institute, Vienna, Austria, 2000.
Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK, 2001.
University of Michigan, Ann
Arbor, Michigan, 2002.
Warwick Mathematics Institute,
University of Michigan, Ann
Arbor, Michigan, 2004, short-term Frederick W. and Lois B. Gehring Visiting
Professor of Mathematics.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Fall 2004.
University of Bielefeld, Germany,
6 months in 2005-2008 (Humboldt Research Award).
University of Grenoble, France, 2005.
Mittag-Leffler Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, 2005.
Isaac Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK, 2009.
Hausdorff Research Institute, Bonn, Germany, 2011.
MSRI, Berkeley, California, Fall 2012, Eisenbud Professor.
Editorial and Advisory Boards
Selected Invited Lectures
- October 1995: Invited address, AMS Meeting,
- June 1996: Series of lectures, Special Period "Groups and Geometry,"
University of Basel, Switzerland.
- January 1997: Plenary lecture,
Foundations of Computational Mathematics,
IMPA, Rio-de-Janeiro, Brazil.
- September 1997: Series of lectures and Public Lecture, University of
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- February 1998: Series of lectures, Special period in Algebraic
Representation Theory, University of Strasbourg, France.
- June 1998: Series of lectures,
European School in Group Theory, University of Leiden, Netherlands.
- August 1998: Invited lecture,
International Congress of Mathematicians, Berlin, Germany.
- July 1999: Minicourse and an invited lecture, Workshop on geometric and
combinatorial methods in spectral matrix problems, Coimbra, Portugal.
- July 1999: London Mathematical Society Symposium on quantum groups,
- August 1999: Three lectures,
Summer School on Hall Algebras, Hesselberg, Germany.
- June 2000: Combinatorics of Lie type, conference in honor of L. Solomon,
- July 2001: Three lectures,
NATO Advanced Study Institute ``Symmetric
functions 2001: surveys of developments and perspectives," Isaac Newton
Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK.
- August 2001:
Representation Theory of Algebraic Groups and Quantum Groups, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan.
- August 2001:
Aspects of Symmetry, Banff, Canada.
- April 2002:
Joint British Mathematical and Applied Mathematical
Colloquium, Mathematics Institute - University of Warwick, UK.
- May 2002:
Workshop on Computational Lie Theory, Centre de recherches
mathematiques, Universite de Montreal, Canada.
- June 2002:
Current trends in Commutative Algebra, Levico-Terme, Italy.
- July 2002:
Geometric Aspects of Representation Theory, University of
- June 2003: Four lectures, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- November 2003: Current Developments in Mathematics
, Harvard University.
- April 2004:
Methods in Algebra and Representation Theory, Mathematics Institute -
University of Warwick, UK.
- June 2004:
Representation theory, dynamical systems, and asymptotic combinatorics,
St Petersburg, Russia.
- August 2004: Three lectures,
Workshop, at XI International Conference on Representations of Algebras,
- February 2005:
Perspectives in Mathematics: Algebras and Representations, University of
- March 2005:
Guido Castelnuovo Colloquium Lecture, University of Roma La Sapienza, Italy.
- June 2005:
Representation theory, geometry and automorphic forms, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
- May 2006:
London Mathematical Society Regional Meeting, University of Leicester, UK.
- May-June 2006:
Geometry and Representation Theory Conference in honor of the 60th birthday of George Lusztig,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- June 2006: Ten lectures at the
NSF/CBMS conference on Cluster Algebras and Applications,
North Carolina State University.
- July 2006:
Symmetries and Integrability of Difference Equations (SIDE) VII,
- March 2007:
Frontiers in Mathematics lecture series,
Texas A&M University.
- May 2007:
Perspectives in Auslander-Reiten Theory. On the occasion of the 65th birthday of Idun Reiten,
- August 2007: Plenary lecture,
XII International Conference on Representations of Algebras and Workshop,
- May 2008: Four lectures,
The 12th Midrasha Mathematicae: Higher Teichmuller theory, clusters, and quantization,
- June 2009: The Abel Symposium 2009,
Combinatorial aspects of commutative algebra and algebraic geometry, Voss, Norway.
- July 2009: Four lectures,
London Mathematical Society Durham Symposium: Combinatorial Geometric Structures in Representation Theory,
- January 2010: Thirty-Sixth William J. Spencer Lecture, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas.
- April 2010: Dean Jacqueline B. Lewis Memorial Lectures,
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- August 2010: Plenary lecture,
XIV International Conference on Representations of Algebras and Workshop,
- October 2010:
- February - March 2011: John Jay Gergen Memorial Lectures, Duke University.
- June 2011: The Abel Symposium 2011, Algebras, quivers and representations, Balestrand, Norway.
- December 2011: Three lectures,
Infinite Analysis 11 Winter School, Quantum cluster algebras and related topics, Osaka University, Japan.
- April 2012: Walter Feit Memorial Lecture, Yale University.
- October 2012: MSRI-Evans Lecture Series, University of California, Berkeley.
- December 2012: Five lectures,
Infinite Dimensional Analysis and Representation Theory, Bielefeld, Germany.
List of Publications:
Algebraic and combinatorial structure of
quantum groups and their canonical bases, 1996
Explicit solutions of the additive Deligne-Simpson problem
and their applications, 2001
Grassmannians and cluster algebras, 2003
- Ahmet Seven,
Combinatorial aspects of double Bruhat cells and cluster algebras, 2004
- (co-adviser) Giovanni Cerulli Irelli,
Structural theory of rank three cluster algebras of affine type (University of Padova, Italy), 2008
- Thao Tran,
Quantum F-polynomials in the theory of cluster algebras, 2010
- Shih-Wei Yang,
Cluster algebras of finite type via semisimple groups and generalized minors, 2010
- Daniel Labardini Fragoso,
Quivers with potentials associated with triangulations of Riemann surfaces, 2010
Three contributions in representation theory: cluster algebras and Grassmannians of type G_2, Yangians and quantum loop algebras, Monodromy of the trigonometric Casimir connection for sl(2), 2011